Cushendall (Bun Abhann Dalla)
Coastal village at the foot of Glenaan and Glenballyeamon, where the
river Dall flows under an attractive stone bridge in the centre of the village.
The most prominent attraction in the village centre is the Curfew Tower shown above
where many a ruffian spent a night sobering up. The tower was built by Francis
Turnley, landlord of the village, in 1817 to confine riotous prisoners. Dan
McBride, an army pensioner was given the job of permanent garrison and was armed
armed with one musket, a bayonnet, a brace of pistols and a thirteen foot pike.
The windows on each side have opening which in the past where used to pour
molten lead on unsuspecting attackers below. The tower is now owned by pop band
KLF, who opened it to artists who reside in the building for periods.